Friday, February 20, 2009

Hulu: Hulu Blocks Boxee, TV.com, Kicks Early Adopters in the Face


Hulu: Hulu Blocks Boxee, TV.com, Kicks Early Adopters in the Face

Many of you might have heard about or maybe even used Boxee for keeping up with their favorite shows - I have come to love it over the last months since I got into the Alpha. The biggest thing for me about Boxee was having a slick interface to Hulu, that I can control with my remote, and after finding a way to integrate Boxee into Vista Media Center I was as happy as a pig, because there is a lot of VMCE functionality and plug-ins that I just do not want to live without anymore. Now Hulu's content providers, speak our friendly broadcast networks, seem to have pulled the plug on this. Why, I have no idea - your bet is as good as mine, as I believe all that will do is move people once more away from the legal way of doing things, and just accepting ads to pay for all of that, to go back to do it the other way - IMHO there will be a lot more torrent use again.
One thing though - I used Boxee just last night to watch an episode of Psych, and it was still working fine! What's your Hulu inside Boxee doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment